Thank you for visiting the PCT Library page. If you have a moment, please help us out by completing a Library Use Survey. Your answers will help us provide a better library experience for everyone. Thanks again!
The Pacific College of Technology Library exists to provide a wide range of materials and services designed to provide a solid academic foundation in professional and general studies.
- Provide expert assistance, instruction, and an innovative suite of user services which are responsive to the needs of our community and changing circumstances.
- Build up resources of print and digital materials using selection criteria that reflect the academic priorities of the College, current collection strengths, and significant research in all areas of study pursued at the College.
- Provide effective organization and presentation of information and collections.
- Create and maintain a physical environment that fosters learning and research, and encourages use and interaction.
- Communicate the library’s services and resources effectively, expand outreach, and develop opportunities for our users to provide regular feedback about those services and resources.
- Contribute to the academic, ethical, and cultural growth of the Pacific College of Technology community.
- Secure the resources to meet Pacific College of Technology Library’s goals and objectives.
The College belongs to the Library and Information Resources Network (LIRN) consortium, which offers the students access to a collection of online databases published by Gale and ProQuest. These databases provide thousands of books, periodicals, articles, and reference materials in full-text and abstracts. The username and password are available from the library staff.
In addition, the campus library has a collection of hard copy books, journals, and reference materials that students may use at any time during hours that the campus is open. Trained library staff are available to assist students in their library usage
In addition, the library offers:
- A quiet environment for independent and group study.
- Access to the Internet, computers, printers and copiers.
- The services of trained staff who provide instruction in information literacy and can assist students in conducting library research. The trained staff are available five days a week, Monday through Friday.