Pacific College of Technology is an independent postsecondary institution located in Atlanta, Georgia. The College was founded in September 1999 in Henry County, GA under the name Core Technology Solutions Training Institute for the purpose of preparing students with competitive technical, business, and professional skills for direct entry into the job market. To reflect the scope and nature of its academic offerings more accurately, the College later changed its name to Pacific Computer Training Institute, then to Pacific Institute of Technology, and is now called Pacific College of Technology.
- 2002. The College changes its name to Pacific Computer Training Institute and is authorized by the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC) to operate in the state of Georgia.
- 2010. In September, the College changes its name to Pacific Institute of Technology (Pacific Tech).
- 2013. Pacific Tech graduates its first class of students from its Associate of Science in Information Systems program.
- 2014. Pacific Tech moves to a different location in Morrow, GA, Clayton County. The College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). This Accreditation Status is renewed in 2018.
- 2018. Pacific Tech moves a different location in Atlanta, GA, DeKalb County. In August. GNPEC approves the College’s certificate program in English as a Second Language (ESL).
- 2019. In September, Pacific Tech hosts a visit from the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), a US Department of Education authorized accreditor, to discuss plans for applying for Candidate for Accreditation Status.
- 2020. In June, the College is authorized by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to issue Form I-20s to international students and enroll nonimmigrant student F-1 visa holders. In October, Pacific Tech moves to a nearby, larger, and more convenient location in Atlanta, Georgia. In November, the College changes its name to Pacific College of Technology.
- 2021. In October, Pacific Tech is granted Candidate Status as a Category I institution by TRACS.
- 2022. In January, the College launches its ESL program. In April, Pacific Tech is granted Accreditation Status as a Category I institution by TRACS. In June, the College voluntarily withdraws its accreditation by ACICS.