Students transferring from an accredited or otherwise officially recognized college or university must follow the general application policies and procedures.
General Criteria for Transfer of Credits
Pacific College of Technology will consider accepting transfer credits or clock hours earned at another postsecondary institution provided that the following criteria are met:
- The course or courses being transferred were earned at an institution that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U. S. Department of Education or by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- The course or courses are determined to be comparable in both content and duration to a course or courses offered by PCT
- The course or courses were completed within five years for IT courses and within 15 years for general education courses from the date the student is applying for admission into PCT and the student earned a grade equivalent of “C” (70%) or higher for each course
- A request to transfer the credits is made by the student prior to starting his or her studies at PCT
- The related course or courses were completed at PCT within five years for IT courses and within 15 years for general education courses from the date that the student is applying for re-admission into a new program and the student earned a grade equivalent of “C” (70%) or higher for each course.
Additionally, an official transcript must be sent directly to PCT from the postsecondary institution that the transferring student attended. The Director of Academic Affairs will make the determination whether the course or courses requested for transfer credit meet all the above criteria and whether transfer credit will be granted. The total transfer credits accepted cannot exceed 35% of the total credits needed for completion of the chosen PCT academic program. The decision of the Director is final and is not appealable. Tuition and fees will be adjusted as appropriate for any transfer credits accepted that reduce the total number of quarter credits the student must complete at PIT to earn the chosen program certificate or degree.
Transferability of Pacific College of Technology Credits
The decision to accept transfer credits rests entirely with the institution to which the student is applying for acceptance. Pacific College of Technology cannot guarantee that credits earned at the institution will transfer in whole or part to any other institution, and no such guarantee is made, explicitly or implicitly.