International Students

Pacific College of Technology is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students by issuing Form-I-20, with which students may apply for an F-1 Non-immigrant Student visa.

International applicants who are not US citizens or lawful permanent residents must verify their immigration status with the SEVP authorized Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) or Designated School Official (DSO) of Pacific College of Technology. If such applicants are accepted, they must supply the following documents:

  • Current bank statement or verification letter from bank attesting to financial sufficiency (an affidavit of financial support indicating sponsorship by a third party and providing documentation of financial support sufficient to cover the applicant’s tuition, textbooks, fees, and personal living expenses may be submitted in lieu of a bank statement).
  • Copy of I-94
  • Immunization records
  • Proof of English proficiency (see below)
  • Payment of first semester’s tuition, a $100 application fee, and $200 SEVIS I-20 processing fee must be made upon acceptance.

All the above items must be submitted to the PCT Admissions office no later than 4 months prior to the student’s enrollment. PCT will issue a Form I-20 after all required items have been received and approved by the Admissions Committee.

English Proficiency

In addition to meeting all other applicable requirements for admission, international students must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency. This may be done through any of the following

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher.
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 70 or higher on the Internet-Based Test, or 530 or higher on the Paper-Based Test.

Exceptions are made for international students who submit one of the following:

  • PCT Test of English Proficiency (ESL Placement Test) score of 70 or higher.
  • Completion of PCT’s ESL program.
  • High school diploma obtained in the US.
  • College degree obtained from an accredited US college or university.
  • If English is your first language, and you are from a country where English is the official language.